Sunday, October 28, 2007

I Said It Before, I'll Say It Again

Rex Grossman ought to be the Chicago Bears starting quarterback. I mean yesterday, today, tomorrow, and on until the team can draft or sign someone better. I know how he started the year, I know how he struggled at times last year, I know he doesn't have the kind of upside that he did before all those injuries when he was younger.

Guess what? I don't care. The fact of the matter is that Rex Grossman is as good or better thn anyone else they have at the quarterback position. The Bears have fallen once again to the Detroit Lions, during which Griese managed to throw only one TD pass on FOUR interceptions. In the second half, his completion percentage was something around 25%. In comparison, Rex is a pro-bowler.

And yes I remember that fourth quarter rally last week. And yes, Griese looked excellent on that single drive. But unlike some fans and members of the sports media, I watched the entire game and I wasn't impressed. The bottom line? Rex is gone at the end of the year anyway. Why not let him play the next two weeks and see if we can up his value on the trade block market? Personally, I'm looking in the direction of the Cleveland Browns, who have three starting quarterbacks on one team. Rex and Briggs for Brady Quinn? Where do I sign?

No comments: